UAFS offers an education focused on your future. Many of our programs lead to 100 percent placement of graduates in meaningful careers or prestigious graduate schools. We are dedicated to helping you reach your goal of attaining a bachelor’s degree, and we are consistently improving our programs to make them better fits for you.
At UAFS you can expect:
• Small class sizes with knowledgeable professors who will know your name and personally invest in your success.
• Academic programs focused on graduating students who are career ready the moment they cross the stage
• The opportunity to connect with regional employers and executives through internships, practical training, and mentorship programs.
• Online programs designed to meet the needs of busy students.
• Professional advisors who take the confusion out of degree mapping and are focused on setting you on the most direct
path to graduation.
SERVICES WE OFFER
We know that earning a bachelor’s degree is difficult, but finding the resources you need shouldn’t feel more daunting than the classes you’re taking. We strive to keep you informed of all the services available to you, including:
• Student Support Services – Services include academic tutoring, advice, and assistance in course selection, information on financial aid availability (including grants, loans, and scholarships), and assistance in completing financial aid applications. If you participate in SSS programs, you can also receive information to improve financial and economic literacy and assistance in applying to graduate and professional programs.
• Progress Reports, Academic Alerts, and One-on-One Advising – Intentional advising and alert systems provide students with continuous feedback regarding their academic progress. Advisors work with you personally to ensure you know the person helping you plan your degree path. Your advisor is an expert in your course of study and will prepare you to reach your academic goals on time. When an academic alert is received, faculty and advisors work closely with you to address potential problems and identify resolutions before the issues become too big to handle.
• Gordon Kelly Academic Success Center – Workshop videos on varying topics, such as note-taking, time management, study plans, test preparation, deep processing, and online course success, are available online or can be presented individually by an academic coach. The ASC also offers drop-in tutoring in nearly every subject, as well as 24/7 tutoring through Tutor.com. Additionally, every student at UAFS has the opportunity to meet with an academic coach, both in person or online, to address and improve academic performance, find and utilize campus resources, discuss potential barriers to success, set achievement goals, and plan for the future.
• Babb Center for Student Professional Development and Career Services – The UAFS Career Services Office empowers students to develop the professional skills and personal attributes most valued by prospective employers through career preparation programs, experiential learning, and collaborations with UAFS partners. On campus workshops, mentoring, and internship programs complement the knowledge and tools taught in the classroom, helping you leverage your degree with professional expertise. The Babb Center for Student Professional Development Program, a non-credit certificate program offered through Career Services, assists students with job readiness and placement, sponsoring networking events to meet area employers who are scouting new talent, and offering workshops with human resources and hiring professionals from the state’s largest employers. Students can earn a Distinction in Professional Development Certificate through the Babb Center Program. While most Babb Center programs are offered on the UAFS Campus, online students are still able to access a selection of the services as well. The Office of Career Services also partners with the UAFS Alumni Association to connect students to employers through CareerLink, an extensive database of open positions and internships.