Office Management Technology (AAS)
The Associate of Applied Science in Office Management Technology is designed for those who are interested in preparing for new roles and expanded responsibilities in the office. The curriculum in the Office Management Technology program emphasizes high standards of proficiency in communication, technology, and information management. The Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering accredit the program. The two different areas of concentration students can choose from are:
- Medical Office Professional (60 credit hours) - assembles patients’ health information, checks to see all forms are completed and properly identified, and ensures that all necessary information is in the computer. View the AAS OMT Medical Office degree plan.
- Office Management (60 credit hours) - perform office functions in any professional setting including human resources. Strong emphasis on sharpening professionalism, performing record keeping, and administrative support through the use of various technological systems. View the AAS OMT Office Management degree plan.
The technical certificates (TC) (30 hours) and certificates of proficiency (CP) (15 hours) degrees provide students with a basic understanding of communication, technology, and information management. Students have the option of two concentrations for technical certificates in office management and medical office professional and three options of concentration for certificates of proficiency in office management, medical office professional and human resources. The courses in these degrees may be applied towards the Associate of Applied Science degree.
The Associate of Applied Science in Office Management Technology can be completed 100% online if the planned schedule is followed.
Who should consider this degree?
Job opportunities for graduates include Personnel Clerks, Human Resources Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, Office Coordinator, Medical Billing and Insurance Clerk, Medical Transcriptionist, and Medical Coder.
Although not required, this degree transitions easily into the Bachelor of Science in Organization Leadership. The courses complement each other with the bachelor’s degree diving deeper into content and skills to further sharpen skills.
dents have the opportunity to continue their education to complete on of the three online bachelor degrees. There are three different online programs that work well with the Office Management Technology degree.
- Organizational Leadership (Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership). Unmanned Aerial Systems graduates who are seeking to lead and work with team can consider the Organizational Leadership bachelors degree.
- Applied Science (Bachelor of Science in Applied Science). Graduates of the AES program who want to enter a career in technical and operations management fields should consider the Applied Science bachelors degree.
- Business Administration (Bachelor of Business Administration). AES graduates who are interested in the business side of unmanned aerial systems would have good options in the Business Administration bachelors degree.
Our graduates work in top companies in several industries
Here are some of the organizations where our graduates work:
- Area Agency on Aging Mercy Hospital
- Baptist Health
- Johnson Dermatology
- Mercy Hospital
- University of Arkansas - Fort Smith
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences