Unmanned Aerial Systems (AAS)
The Associates of Applied Science in Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) degree requires 60 hours of course work.
The degree offers two tracks for completing coursework. The operations track focuses on FAA Part 107 flight operations/maintenance and the analyst track covers data analytics and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- the AAS Unmanned Aerial Systems Operations degree plan.
- View the AAS Unmanned Aerial Systems Analyst degree plan.
Who should consider this degree?
Students with an interest in using Autonomous technology, who enjoy working in a cutting edge field working with new technology. Military and Veteran students with a UAS, or Intel Military occupational specialty (MOS). We offer transfer credit for military training and experience.
The UAS associates degree is offered 100% online for the non-traditional student who needs the flexibility to do school work on their time. If students are interested, in-class hybrid course work is also available.
What do students do after they graduate?
Job opportunities after graduation are endless. Opportunities exist in fields such as precision agriculture, GIS analysis, utilities inspection, railroad inspection, geology, oil & gas, aerospace, and defense.
Students also have the opportunity to continue their education to complete a bachelors degree. There are three different fully online programs that work well with the Unmanned Aerial Systems degree:
- Organizational Leadership (Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership). Unmanned Aerial Systems graduates who are seeking to lead and work with team can consider the Organizational Leadership bachelors degree.
- Applied Science (Bachelor of Science in Applied Science). Graduates of the AES program who want to enter a career in technical and operations management fields should consider the Applied Science bachelors degree.
- Business Administration (Bachelor of Business Administration). AES graduates who are interested in the business side of unmanned aerial systems would have good options in the Business Administration bachelors degree.
|UAFS Drone Day Winners Announced|
|UA Program Takes Flight at UAFS|
|UAFS, Arkansas National Guard Partner on UAS Technology|
|Unmanned Aerial Systems Program at UAFS Offers Unique Training, Partnerships|